- Furniture Design: The Tulip Chair. There are different variations of this design, including the version with arms (as pictured) and a version without. The Tulip armchair was introduced in 1955-56.
This design is an example of mid century modern design that remains popular for furnishing retro, modern and contemporary style homes. Tulip chairs are highly collectible, and the design remains in strong demand with furniture collectors and interior designers.
Both the Tulip arm chair and the Tulip armless chair are still in production. The current version of the design features Greenguard Indoor Air Quality certification.
- Furniture Collection: This chair is part of a larger collection known as the Pedestal Collection, which also includes pedestal tables and a pedestal stool. The collection debuted in America in 1958.
- Designer:Eero Saarinen
- Design Style(s) Mid-Century Modern
- Furniture Manufactuer: Knoll Associates
- Materials Used: Fiberglass-reinforced polyester and cast aluminum
- See Also: Scandinavian style